Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Mommy and Daddy had this great party planned for my first birthday. All my friends and family were going to be there, and I was going to be the star of the show!

I had different plans.

My plans involved a fever of 104, tummy issues (I'll leave it at that for you...), and what turned out to be a wicked ear infection. Instead of driving to Madison for my party, last night we drove to the Children's Emergency Room! I still had some fun there. I'll have Daddy upload some pics of that later. Mommy and Daddy were joking around about how since we spent last year in the hospital on the night before my birthday, and we spent time there this year too, maybe we should do it every year! I'm pretty sure they were joking though.

So instead of my grand fete, we had a much smaller affair today with Mommy, Daddy, and Grandpa and Nana, who drove up to see me. I was feeling better today, but I'm still sick and it hurts to suck on a bottle or sippy. So Mommy decided to feed me with a syringe! It took longer, but it got the job done.

Anyhow, here are some photos of my smaller big day!




























What do you mean there's no more cake?!?

1 comment:

Cailin said...

happy birhday eli!! we were sad you couldn't come for your party but well give you a gift the next time you come to madison! feel better soon--
cailin & nicolai & amalia